[Numpy-discussion] Adding more detailed exception types to numpy

Marten van Kerkwijk m.h.vankerkwijk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:28:42 EST 2019

Since numpy generally does not expose parts as modules, I think a separate
namespace for the exceptions makes sense. I prefer `np.exceptions` over
`np.errors`.

It might still make sense for that namespace to import from the different
parts, i.e., also have `np.core.exceptions`, np.polynomial.exceptions`,
etc., in part because the ones in `core` will have C helper functions. But
that is a bit of an implementation detail.

-- Marten