[Numpy-discussion] Vectorized version of numpy.linspace

Marten van Kerkwijk m.h.vankerkwijk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:06:42 EST 2018

Just to add: nothing conceptually is strange for start and end to be
arrays. Indeed, the code would work for arrays as is if it didn't check the
`step == 0` case to handle denormals (arguably an even less common case
than array-like inputs...), and made a trivial change to get the new axis
to be at the start.

(I guess I'm agreeing with Matthew here that if conceptually things make
sense for arrays, then it should just work; there are of course
counterexample, such as `np.arange`, for which array-valued input makes
even less sense than allowing float and complex).