[Numpy-discussion] summary of "office Hours" open discusison April 25

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:21:04 EDT 2018

I'm happy to chat about how pandas has done things. It's worth noting that
although it may *look* like Jeff Reback is a full-time maintainer (he does
a lot of work!), he has actually been maintaining pandas as a side-project.
Mostly the project bumbles along without a clear direction, somewhat
similar to the case for NumPy for the past few years, with new
contributions coming from either interested users or core developers when
they have time and interest.