[Numpy-discussion] Taking back control of the #numpy irc channel

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:52:23 EDT 2018

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I idle in #scipy and have op in there. I’m happy start idling in #numpy
> and be op if the community is willing to let me.

Thanks Nathan. Sounds useful.

There's also a Gitter numpy channel. AFAIK few/none core devs are regularly
active on either IRC or Gitter. I would suggest that we document both these
channels as community-run at https://scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html,
and give Nathan and others who are interested the permissions they need.

I think our official recommendation for usage questions is StackOverflow.

Cheers,
Ralf

I’m also in the process of getting ops for #matplotlib for similar