[Numpy-discussion] numpy grant update

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 20 19:04:39 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017, at 23:11, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Thanks Nathaniel. I'm looking forward to all of those people getting
> involved. Hiring always takes longer than you want, but next year the
> pace of development promises to pick up significantly:)
I'm excited for the opportunity to dedicate time to NumPy again!  It was
the first package I contributed to in the scientific Python ecosystem,
at a time--back when segfaults were still a thing ;)--that could not
have been more exciting to a young undergrad.  Now a bit older, but
hopefully not too rusty ;)
Best regards
Stéfan