[Numpy-discussion] Proposal of timeline for dropping Python 2.7 support

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Thu Nov 9 03:52:09 EST 2017

On Nov 8, 2017 23:59, "Ralf Gommers" <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

Regarding http://www.python3statement.org/: I'd say that as long as there
are people who want to spend their energy on the LTS release (contributors
*and* enough maintainer power to review/merge/release), we should not
actively prevent them from doing that.

Yeah, agreed. I don't feel like this is incompatible with the spirit of
python3statement.org, though looking at the text I can see how it's not
clear. My guess is they'd be happy to adjust the text, especially if it
lets them add numpy :-). CC'ing Thomas and Matthias.

-n