[Numpy-discussion] pytest and degrees of separation.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:49:15 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Just looking for opinions and feedback on the need to keep NumPy from
having a hard nose/pytest dependency. The options as I see them are:

   1. pytest is never imported until the tests are run -- current practice
   with nose
   2. pytest is never imported unless the testfiles are imported -- what I
   would like
   3. pytest is imported together when numpy is -- what we need to avoid.

Currently the approach has been 1), but I think 2) makes more sense and
allows more flexibility.

Thoughts?

Chuck