[Numpy-discussion] Vendorize tempita

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:13:15 EDT 2016

One way to do this is to move to vendorized dependencies into an submodule
of numpy itself (e.g., sklearn.externals.joblib, though maybe even a little
more indirection than that would be valuable to make it clear that it isn't
part of NumPy public API). This would avoid further enlarging the set of
namespaces we use.

In any case, I'm perfectly OK with using something like npy_tempita
internally, too, as long as we can be sure that we're using NumPy's
vendorized version, not whatever version is installed locally. We're not
planning to actually install "npy_tempita" when installing numpy (even for
dev installs), right?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com