[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.12.x branched

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:32:54 EST 2016

On 07/11/16 10:19, numpy-discussion-request at scipy.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:56:12 +0100
> From: Sebastian Berg<sebastian at sipsolutions.net>
> To:numpy-discussion at scipy.org
> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.12.x branched
>
> On Sa, 2016-11-05 at 17:04 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
>> >Hi All,
>> >
>> >Numpy 1.12.x has been branched and the 1.13 development branch is
>> >open. It would be helpful if folks could review the release notes as
>> >it is likely I've missed something.? I'd like to make the first beta
>> >release in a couple of days.
>> >
> Very cool, thanks for all the hard work!
>
> - Sebastian
>

>> >Chuck
Thanks for managing this. I don't know where, but it would be nice if
the release notes could mention the PyPy support - we are down to only a
few failures on the test suite, the only real oustanding issue is nditer
using UPDATEIFCOPY which depends on refcounting semantics to trigger the
copy. Other than that PyPy + NumPy 1.12 is a working thing, we (PyPy
devs) will soon try to make it work faster :).
Matti