[Numpy-discussion] Custom Dtype/Units discussion

Ryan May rmay31 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 21:44:27 EDT 2016

Greetings!

I've been beating my head against a wall trying to work seamlessly with
pint's unit support and arrays from numpy and xarray; these same issues
seem to apply to other unit frameworks as well. Last time I dug into these
problems, things like custom dtypes were raised as a more extensible
solution that works within numpy (and other libraries) without needing a
bunch of custom support.

Anyone around SciPy this week want to get together and talk about how we
can move ahead? (or acquaint me with another/better path forward?) I feel
like I need to get this figured out one way or another before I can move
forward in my corner of the world, and I have time I can dedicate to
implementing a solution.

Ryan

--
Ryan May