[Numpy-discussion] Added atleast_nd, request for clarification/cleanup of atleast_3d

Joseph Fox-Rabinovitz jfoxrabinovitz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:48:30 EDT 2016

I was using "reduce" in an abstract sense. I put in a 4D array in, get
a 1-3D array out, depending on some other parameters (not strictly
just by reduction, although that is the net effect). The placement of
the dimensions is irrelevant, I just need to make the output 4D again
for further calculations. Since I can have cases where the output is
of different number of dims, I wrote this function as a handy tool to
avoid conditionals.

I realize that this is not a common use-case, but it seemed like a
thing someone else might find useful one day.

    -Joe