[Numpy-discussion] Behavior of np.random.uniform

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 04:35:16 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Jaime Fernández del Río <
jaime.frio at gmail.com> wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be much of a consensus on the way to go, so leaving
things as they are and have been seems the wisest choice for now, thanks
for all the feedback. I will work with Greg on documenting the status quo
properly.

Ugh. Be careful in documenting the way things currently work. No one
intended for it to work that way! No one should rely on high<low being
allowed in the future. I'm tempted to just make a PR adding the deprecation
lack-of-consensus-be-damned. It is currently documented correctly for the
way it is supposed to be used, and that is a good thing. Please relegate
discussions of the counter-documented behavior to the Notes.

--
Robert Kern