[Numpy-discussion] 1.10.3 release tomorrow, 1.11.x branch this month.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:20:23 EST 2016

Hi All,

I'm going to attempt a 1.10.3 release tomorrow to address the segfault
reported in #6922 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/6922>.

I'd also like to branch 1.11.x sometime this month, hopefully around Jan 18
(two weeks from now). There are some unresolved issues, in particular
__numpy_ufunc__, but there is plenty of accumulated material and I'd like
to get something out before the tinder buildup constitutes a fire hazard.
Releases generate plenty of sparks and it would be good if the 1.11.0
release was less flamable than the 1.10 release was. I will take a look
through the current bug fix PRs with intent to merge as many as possible
before the branch, but enhancements will not be a high priority except for
a couple that have been sitting ready in the queue for awhile. If there are
some enhancements that you think need to be in the release, mention them
here.

Chuck