[Numpy-discussion] [Python-ideas] Should our default random number generator be secure?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:06:39 EDT 2015

GPLv2 incompatibility: http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

> That said, PCG looks simple enough that you can reimplement it (or at
> least the variants that are of interest to you) independently without
> too much effort.

The author has agreed in principle to relicense the code as MIT, though has
not yet merged the PR that accomplishes this yet. That said, we'd probably
end up doing a significant amount of rewriting so that we will have a C
implementation of software-uint128 arithmetic.

--
Robert Kern