[Numpy-discussion] method to calculate the magnitude squared

Phillip Feldman phillip.m.feldman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:08:13 EDT 2015

My apologies for the slow response; I was experiencing some technical
problems with e-mail.

In answer to Antoine's question, my main desire is for a numpy ndarray
method, for the convenience, with a secondary goal being improved
performance.

I have added the function `magsq` to my library, but would like to access
it as a method rather than as a function. I understand that I could create
a class that inherits from NumPy and add a `magsq` method to that class,
but this has a number of disadvantages.

Phillip