[Numpy-discussion] New behavior of allclose

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:40:12 EST 2015

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Specifically that np.isclose will
return a memmap if one of the inputs is a memmap. The result is a brand new
array, right? So, what is that result memmapping from? Also, how does this
impact np.allclose()? That function returns a scalar True/False, so what is
the change in behavior there?

By the way, the docs for isclose in 1.10.1 does not mention any behavior
changes.

Ben Root