[Numpy-discussion] Improve Numpy Datetime Functionality for Gsoc

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:50:58 EDT 2015

The most recent discussion about datetime64 was back in March and April of
last year:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2014-March/thread.html#69554
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2014-April/thread.html#69774

In addition to unfortunate timezone handling, datetime64 has a lot of bugs
-- so many that I don't bother reporting them. But if anyone ever plans on
working on them, I can certainly help to assemble a long list of the issues
(many of these are mentioned in the above threads).

Unfortunately, though I would love to see datetime64 fixed, I'm not really
a suitable mentor for this role (I don't know C),