[Numpy-discussion] PR for complex np.interp, question about assert_almost_equal

Peter Creasey p.e.creasey.00 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:55:48 EST 2015

Hi all,
I submitted a PR (#6872) for using complex numbers in np.lib.interp.

The tests pass on my machine, but I see that the TravisCI builds are
giving assertion fails (on my own test) with python 3.3 and 3.5 of the
form:
> assert_almost_equal
> TypeError: Cannot cast array data from dtype('complex128') to dtype('float64') according to the rule 'safe'

When I was writing the test I used np.testing.assert_almost_equal with
complex128 as it works in my python 2.7, however having checked the
docstring I cannot tell what the expected behaviour should be (complex
or no complex allowed). Should my test be changed or the
assert_almost_equal?

Best,
Peter