[Numpy-discussion] performance solving system of equations in numpy and MATLAB

Gregory Lee grlee77 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:33:05 EST 2015

Hi,

I just ran both on the same hardware and got a slightly faster computation
with numpy:

Matlab R2012a:  16.78 s  (best of 3)
numpy (python 3.4, numpy 1.10.1, anaconda accelerate (MKL)):  14.8 s  (best
of 3)

The difference could because my Matlab version is a few years old, so it's
MKL would be less up to date.

Greg