[Numpy-discussion] numpy-vendor cythonize problem

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 02:38:56 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I note that current numpy-vendor fails to cythonize in windows builds.
> Cython is installed, but I assume it needs to also be installed in each of
> the python versions in wine. Because the need to cythonize was already
> present in 1.9, I assume that the problem has been solved but the solution
> is not present in numpy-vendor in the numpy repos.

It's easy to work around by running cythonize in the Linux env you're using
numpy-vendor in, then the files don't need to be generated in the Windows
build. I think I've done that before.

You only need one Windows Cython installed if the "cython" script is found.
If not, you go to this except clause which indeed needs a Cython for every
Python version: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/dd220014373f

A change similar to the f2py fix in
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/dd220014373f will likely fix it.

Ralf