[Numpy-discussion] Choosing between NumPy and SciPy functions

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre at barbierdereuille.net
Tue Oct 28 06:23:09 EDT 2014

I would add one element to the discussion: for some (odd) reasons, SciPy is
lacking the functions `rfftn` and `irfftn`, functions using half the memory
space compared to their non-real equivalent `fftn` and `ifftn`. However, I
haven't (yet) seriously tested `scipy.fftpack.fftn` vs. `np.fft.rfftn` to
check if there is a serious performance gain (beside memory usage).

Cheers,

Pierre