[Numpy-discussion] Updates on NA / NaN values for Ints?

Nick Eubank nickeubank at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:12:07 EST 2014

Hello Numpy!

Curious if there were any timelines for when NA / NaN support might arrive
for Ints.

(I'm sure this is asked and answered many times, but what I can find seems
very out of date.)

I'm strongly considering migrating from R/Stata/Matlab to Pandas/Numpy, but
the inability to handle Na in Int types seems like a big limitation for
someone always working with dirty data like me (a social scientist), and
the Pandas docs suggest they're waiting for Numpy to add support. Just
curious when that might happen!

Thanks!

nick