[Numpy-discussion] [JOB] Scientific software engineer at the Met Office

Phil Elson pelson.pub at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:13:10 EDT 2014

I just wanted to let you know that there is currently a vacancy for a
full-time developer at the Met Office, the UK's National Weather Service,
within our Analysis, Visualisation and Data (AVD) team.

I'm posting on this list as the Met Office's AVD team are heavily involved
in the development of Python packages to support the work that our
scientists undertake on a daily basis. The vast majority of the AVD team's
time is spent working on our own open source Python packages Iris, cartopy
and biggus as well as working on packages such as numpy, scipy, matplotlib
and IPython; so we don't see this as just a great opportunity to work
within a world class scientific organisation, but a role which will also
deliver real benefits to the wider scientific Python community.

Please see http://goo.gl/3ScFaZ for full details and how to apply, or
contact HREnquiries at metoffice.gov.uk if you have any questions.

Many Thanks,

Phil