[Numpy-discussion] 1.8.1 release

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 18:17:02 EST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Tom Augspurger
<tom.augspurger88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>

> Chris Barker - NOAA Federal wrote
>> What python are you using? apparently not a Universal 32+64 bit build. The
>> one Apple delivers?
>
> I'm using homebrew python, so the platform difference seems to have come
> from there. I agree about renaming the file as not being a real solution.
> I'd say the official python.org python is the one to worry about for PyPI
> (which is what pyzmq seems to do).

I use homebrew myself, but only for big libraries.  I've stuck with
python.org python on the basis that that is what we ask new users to
install.  Of course that has meant problems with installing the scipy
stack - but I think we're now close to a standard libre solution to
that with wheels.

Cheers,

Matthew