[Numpy-discussion] Default builds of OpenBLAS development branch are now fork safe

Carl Kleffner cmkleffner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:56:17 EST 2014

Hi,

> I had a quick look (without running the procedure) but I don't
> understand some elements:
>
> - apparently you never tell in the numpy's site.cfg nor the scipy.cfg
> to use the openblas lib nor set the
> library_dirs: how does numpy.distutils know that it should dynlink
> against numpy/core/libopenblas.dll

numpy's site.cfg is something like: (64 bit)

[openblas]
libraries = openblas
library_dirs = D:/devel/mingw64static/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib
include_dirs = D:/devel/mingw64static/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include

or (32 bit)

[openblas]
libraries = openblas
library_dirs = D:/devel32/mingw32static/i686-w64-mingw32/lib
include_dirs = D:/devel32/mingw32static/i686-w64-mingw32/include

Please adapt the paths of course and apply the patches to numpy.

> - how to you deal with the link to the following libraries:
>     libgfortran.3.dll
>     libgcc_s.1.dll
>     libquadmath.0.dll
>
> You won't need them. I build the toolchain statically. Thus you don't have
to mess up with GCC runtime libs. You can check the dependencies with MS
depends or with ntldd (included in the toolchain)

> If MinGW is installed on the system I assume that the linker will find
> them. But would it work when the wheel packages are installed on a
> system that does not have MinGW installed?

The wheels should be sufficient regardless if you have mingw installed or
not.

with best Regards

Carl