[Numpy-discussion] MKL and OpenBLAS

Carl Kleffner cmkleffner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:11:26 EST 2014

If you work in an academia world it can be relevant once third parties are
involved in a bigger project. A situation may be reached, where you just
have to prove the license situation of all of your software components.
Numpy and scipy is 'selled' as BSD or MIT based foundation for scientific
software without components with copyleft licences. For the MKL part a
clear statement would be welcome. Otherwise the usage of MKL based binaries
has to be avoided in such situations, even if you don't sell something.