[Numpy-discussion] 1.8 release update

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:47:48 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Most of the PR's that were mentioned as desirable for the 1.8 release have
been merged, or look to be merged in the next week or two. The current list
of blockers<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?milestone=1&page=1&state=open>doesn't
look to severe to me but I suspect that it is incomplete. The major
outstanding issue I see is datetime and I'd like to get a small group
together to work that out. As a start I think such a group should include
Christopher Barker and Wes McKinney. Suggestions for other folks, or even
volunteers, to be part of such a group are welcome.

A lot of stuff has piled up over the last year for inclusion in the 1.8
release, and I'm sure some bugs and regressions  have crept in along with
the new code. On that account a lengthy wringing out period is probably
going to be needed, so the sooner we can get the 1.8 branch tagged the
better. I'd like to shoot for getting that done in 2-3 weeks. If there look
to be difficult issues remaining, perhaps they can be worked out at
scipy2013 if there is enough interest.

Thoughts?

Chuck