[Numpy-discussion] unit tests / developing numpy (Pauli Virtanen)

Graeme B. Bell grb at skogoglandskap.no
Mon Jul 29 03:43:28 EDT 2013

Hi Pauli,

Thanks for looking into this. Apologies for mangling the email subject line in my previous reply.

Answers are below, inline:

> That is interesting, as it has worked for me on all configurations.
> You can check under 'build/testenv/' --- does your Python version by
> chance install it to a `lib64` directory instead of `lib`?

$ ls build/testenv/
bin  lib64

> (i)
>
> What does
>
> import os
> from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib
> get_python_lib(prefix=os.path.abspath('build/testenv'))
>
> report? Is there a 'numpy' directory below the reported directory after
> running runtests.py?

>>> import os
>>> from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib
>>> get_python_lib(prefix=os.path.abspath('build/testenv'))

'/ssd-space/home/X/github/numpy/build/testenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages'

I'm running this in a fresh python client in the directory 'github/numpy'.

> (ii)
>
> Start a fresh Python interpreter and run
>
> import sys
> print sys.modules.get('numpy')
>
> (Note: no "import numpy" above). Does it print `None` or something else?

>>> import sys
>>> print sys.modules.get('numpy')
None

Thanks, Pauli and Stefan.