[Numpy-discussion] unit tests / developing numpy

Graeme B. Bell grb at skogoglandskap.no
Thu Jul 25 10:52:07 EDT 2013

Nathaniel, Pauli:

Thanks for the suggestions!

= runtests.py is a nice solution, but unless you also set up your PYTHONPATH and install the code you've been working on, you're going to run with whichever version of numpy you have installed normally rather than the code you've just been working on (e.g. 1.7.1 rather than 1.8dev).

Unfortunately, this caused me to submit a buggy set of commits, thinking they had passed the tests.

= env approach: thanks, I'll give that a try and compare it with the /tmp install approach.

Can we add this to the dev workflow web pages?

Graeme.