[Numpy-discussion] [SCIPY2013] Feedback on mini-symposia themes

Jonathan Rocher jrocher at enthought.com
Wed Jan 23 15:16:06 EST 2013

Dear community members,

[Sorry for the cross-post]

We are making progress and building an awesome organization team for
the SciPy2013
conference (Scientific Computing with
Python)<http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2013/> this June
24th-29th in Austin, TX. More on that later.

Following my previous email, we have gotten lots of good answers to our
survey about the themes the community would like to see at the  for the
mini-symposia *[1]*. We will leave *this survey open until Feb 7th*. So if
you haven't done so, and would like to discuss scientific python tools with
peers from the same industry/field, take a second to voice your opinion:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1114631/SciPy-2013-Themes

Thanks,

The SciPy2013 organizers

*[1] These mini-symposia are held to discuss scientific computing applied
to a specific scientific domain/industry during a half afternoon after the
general conference. Their goal is to promote industry specific libraries
and tools, and gather people with similar interests for discussions. For
example, the SciPy2012<http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2012/schedule/conf_schedule_1.php>
edition
successfully hosted 4 mini-symposia on Astronomy/Astrophysics,
Bio-informatics, Meteorology, and Geophysics.*
*
*

jrocher at enthought.com
1-512-536-1057