[Numpy-discussion] numpy.scipy.org page 404s

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 11:51:06 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Andreas Hilboll <lists at hilboll.de> wrote:

>>> If I understand that correctly, you'll need to point the numpy.scipy.org
>>> CNAME to a non-github IP, and install a HTTP redirect  **or** a HTTPD
>>> rewrite on that IP. So we need to find a server to do that. Probably
>>> easiest to ask numfocus, right?
>>
>> There's no need. We'll just use the existing www.scipy.org Apache
>> server to host the redirects.
>
> Good. I have no clue about who operates which servers, and just assumed
> numfocus is doing that.

Enthought hosts and administers the scipy.org domain.

> BTW, is there help needed in server administration (for numpy, scipy, or
> whatever)? I could happily volunteer to help out.

Right now, the recurring cost is kicking the www.scipy.org wiki every
once in a while under the deluge of spam. The best way to stop that is
to help finish the migration of content to the new static site:

  https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org-new

I think the major TODO items there are the conversion of the Topical
Software and Cookbook pages. I can give dumps of the current wiki
pages to anyone who wants to help with that.

--
Robert Kern