[Numpy-discussion] Position at Brookhaven National Laboratory..

Scott Collis scollis.acrf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:32:32 EDT 2013

Good morning Numpy list!
A colleague of mine at Brookhaven National Laboratory (Long Island, NY) is hiring a "Senior Applications Analyst". One of the desired languages is Python, and as a strong collaborator with this group I can attest anyone with good python skills will do well there…
Here is the description:

Brookhaven National Laboratory's Atmospheric Science Division currently has a Full-Time opportunity for a Senior Applications Analyst. The major duties and responsibilities include the development of meteorological products which add value to and enhance the scientific usability of data (particularly from millimeter-wavelength radar systems) collected by the Department of Energy's Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) program.

Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree with at least one year experience or equivalent experience (2:1 / work:education). Expertise in high-level programming languages (including one or more of C, IDL, Python, and Matlab). Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment. Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to work well as part of a team. Strong written and oral communication skills.

Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:A background meteorology, radar applications or another physical science.

and here are the instructions:

To be considered for this position, apply online at www.bnl.gov and click Jobs, then click Search Job List and apply to job #16385

Any questions give me a yell and I can put you in contact with them..

and please feel free to disseminate!

Cheers,
Scott