[Numpy-discussion] Long-standing issue with using numpy in embedded CPython

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Tue Sep 25 07:10:10 EDT 2012

Can you expand a bit?  Are you trying to disable threads at
compile-time or at run-time?  Which threaded functionality are you
trying to disable?  Are you using numpy as a computational library
with multiple threads making calls into its functions?  I think
NPY_ALLOW_THREADS is for interacting with the GIL, but I have not
played with it much.