[Numpy-discussion] Building numpy with OpenBLAS using bento

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:38:48 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM, George Nurser <gnurser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tried to build numpy with OpenBLAS following on from the blog
> http://cournape.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/notes-on-building-numpyscipy-with-openblas/
>
> I've cloned and installed an up to date version of bento from git.
>
> Problem is that the bentomaker command doesn't seem to know about the
> --with-blas-lapack-libdir option. The only place this option is defined in
> the code seems to be in the blas_lapack.py routine .... but I can't see how
> to use this routine -- it isn't imported into any other file.

Can you describe the exact steps you followed ? For example, just
cloning bento won't get you far enough, you need to have waf installed
as well, and you get an explicit error message otherwise.

> (I've tried sending this smessage to the bento list, but it doesn't seem to
> be appearing on it as far as I can see.)

Yeah, it looks like librelist is fundamentally broken, many messages
never appear. I need to move to something sane.

cheers,
David