[Numpy-discussion] Numpy's policy for releasing memory

Austin Bingham austin.bingham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:31:34 EST 2012

I've been using psutil, pmap (linux command), and resource in various
capacities, all on cpython. When I wasn't seeing memory freed when I
expected, I got to wondering if maybe numpy was maintaining pools of
buffers for reuse or something like that. It sounds like that's not the
case, though, so I'm following up other possibilities.

Austin