[Numpy-discussion] nltk dispersion plot problem

David Warde-Farley wardefar at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Mar 12 03:42:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 04:15:04AM +0000, Gias wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu 11.04 (natty) in my laptop and Python 2.7. I installed nltk
> (2.09b), numpy (1.5.1), and matplotlib(1.1.0). The installation is global and I
> am not using virtualenv.When I try (text4.dispersion_plot(["citizens",
> "democracy", "freedom", "duties",
> "America"])) in terminal (gnome
> terminal 2.32.1), the plot
> is not showing up. There is no error message, just a second or two interval
> before the last (>>>) shows up.

Of those three packages, I'd say that the least likely to be implicated is
NumPy, making this one probably the list where you'll get the least help.

Since it's a plotting problem I would try the matplotlib-users mailing list,
and include the source of dispersion_plot, or a link to it in the Google
Code code browser for the nltk project, e.g.

http://code.google.com/p/nltk/source/browse/trunk/nltk/nltk/draw/dispersion.py

David