[Numpy-discussion] commit rights for Nathaniel

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Jun 5 12:25:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Numpy is approaching a time of transition. Ralf will be concentrating his
>>> efforts on Scipy
>>

>> I'll write a separate post on that asap.
>>

>>> and I will be cutting back on my work on Numpy.
>>

>> I sincerely hope you don't cut back on your work too much Charles. You
>> have done an excellent job as "chief maintainer" over the last years.
>>
>>> The 1.7 release looks to be delayed and I suspect that the Continuum
>>> Analytics folks will become increasingly dedicated to the big data push. We
>>> need new people to carry things forward and I think Nathaniel can pick up
>>> part of the load.
>>

>> Assuming he wants them, I am definitely +1 on giving Nathaniel commit
>> rights. His recent patches and debugging of issues were of high quality and
>> very helpful.
>>

> OK, I went ahead and added him whether he wants it or not ;)

Hah. Thanks!

Is there a "committers guide" anywhere? By default I would assume that
the rules are pretty much -- continue sending pull requests for my own
changes (unless a trivial typo fix in a comment or something), go
ahead and merge anyone else's pull request where things seem okay and
my best judgement is we have consensus, fix things if my judgement was
wrong? But I don't want to step on any toes...

-n