[Numpy-discussion] Code Freeze for NumPy 1.7

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Sat Jul 14 18:45:30 EDT 2012

Hey all,

We are nearing a code-freeze for NumPy 1.7.   Are there any last-minute changes people are wanting to push into NumPy 1.7?  We should discuss them as soon as possible.

I'm proposing a code-freeze at midnight UTC on July 18th (7:00pm CDT on July 17th).   This will allow the creation of beta releases of NumPy on the 18th of July. This is a few days later than originally hoped for --- largely due to unexpected travel schedules of Ondrej and I, but it does give people a few more days to get patches in.  Of course, we will be able to apply bug-fixes to the 1.7.x branch once the tag is made.

If you have a pull-request that is not yet applied and would like to discuss it for inclusion, the time to do it is now.

Best,

-Travis