[Numpy-discussion] histogram help

Samuel John scipy at samueljohn.de
Mon Jan 30 17:06:22 EST 2012

Hi Ruby,

I still do not fully understand your question but what I do in such cases is to construct a very simple array and test the functions.
The help of numpy.histogram2d or numpy.histogramdd (for more than two dims) might help here.

So I guess, basically you want to ignore the x,y positions and just look at the combined distribution of the Z values?
In this case, you would just need the numpy.histogram (the 1d version).

Note that the histogram returns the numbers and the bin-borders.

bests
 Samuel