[Numpy-discussion] How a transition to C++ could work

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sun Feb 19 03:51:08 EST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012 12:34 AM, "Mark Wiebe" <mwwiebe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm speaking from personal experience having dealt with these types of
issues extensively before. If people have more detailed examples of
problems, possibly links to discussions where one of these problems has
occurred, that would be helpful. This argument isn't very useful if it's
just my positive experience versus others negative experience, we need to
get into specifics to advance the discussion.

Wow, the NumPy list has gotten so serious :) I'm certainly not doubting
anyone's experience--just trying to get a handle on possible transition
risks.

OK, so let's talk specifics: how do you dynamically grab a function pointer
to a compiled C++ library, a la ctypes? Feel free to point me to
StackOverflow or elsewhere.

Stéfan