Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Sat Feb 18 17:50:46 EST 2012

Den 18.02.2012 23:24, skrev David Cournapeau:
> Iterators as we have it in NumPy is something that is clearly limited
> by C.

Computers tend to have more than one CPU now. Iterators are inherently
bad, whether  they are written in C or C++. NumPy core should be written
with objects that are scalable on multiple processors. Remember the
original numeric was written in a time where dektop computers only had
one processor.

 > In an ideal world, we would have a better language than C++ that can
be spit out as > C for portability.

What about a statically typed Python? (That is, not Cython.) We just
need to make the compiler :-)

Sturla