[Numpy-discussion] autocorrelation computation performance : use of np.correlate

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Wed Feb 15 05:17:33 EST 2012

Le 04/02/2012 23:19, Ralf Gommers a écrit :

> scipy.signal is the right place I think. numpy shouldn't grow too many
> functions like this.
[going back in time on the autocorrelation topic]

I see scipy.signal being the good place. However, I have the (possibly
wrong) feeling that Matplotlib is not so much depending on scipy.
Would Matplotlib's acorr/xcorr functions benefit from a faster function
available in scipy as opposed to numpy ?

Pierre