[Numpy-discussion] Download page still points to SVN

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 5 06:07:44 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM, David Verelst <david.verelst at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to assist on the website. Although I have not made any code
> contributions to Numpy/SciPy (yet), I do follow the mailing lists and
> try to keep up to date on the scientific python scene. However, I need
> to hold my breath until the end of my wind tunnel test campaign mid
> February.
>
> And I do like the sound of the gihub workflow as currently done by the
> ipython team.
>
> Regards,
> David
>
> On 20/01/12 08:49, Scott Sinclair wrote:
> > On 19 January 2012 21:48, Fernando Perez<fperez.net at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> We've moved to the following setup with ipython, which works very well
> >> for us so far:
> >>
> >> 1. ipython.org: Main website with only static content, manged as a
> >> repo in github (https://github.com/ipython/ipython-website) and
> >> updated with a gh-pages build
> >> (https://github.com/ipython/ipython.github.com).
> > I like this idea, and to get the ball rolling I've stripped out the
> > www directory of the scipy.org-new repo into it's own repository using
> > git filter-branch (posted here:
> > https://github.com/scottza/scipy_website) and created
> > https://github.com/scottza/scottza.github.com. This puts a copy of the
> > new scipy website at http://scottza.github.com as a proof of concept.
>
> Nice!

> > Since there seems to be some agreement on rehosting numpy's website on
> > github, I'd be happy to do as much of the legwork as I can in getting
> > the numpy.scipy.org content hosted at numpy.github.com. I don't have
> > permission to create new repos for the Numpy organization, so someone
> > would have to create an empty
> > https://github.com/numpy/numpy.github.com and give me push permission
> > on that repo.

Does it need to be a new repo, or would permissions on
https://github.com/numpy/numpy.scipy.org work as well?

> > It would be great to see scipy go the same way and make updating the
> > site easier. I know that David Warde-Farley, Pauli and others put in a
> > lot of work scraping content off the wiki to produce the new website,
> > it would be fantastic to see the fruits of that effort.

Yes it would. I've taken Fernando's suggestion and created a github team
"Scipy web team" and given you push-pull permissions for
https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org-new Scott.

David, once you make a few pull requests please ping us, and we can give
you permissions too.

Ralf