[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.7.0rc1 release

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:48:08 EST 2012

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu> wrote:
> Looks good so far.
>
> I tested numpy-MKL-1.7.0rc1.win-amd64-py2.7 with some packages that were
> compiled with numpy 1.6.x
> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20121228-win-amd64-py2.7-numpy-1.7.0rc1/>.
> There are a few additional test failures in bottleneck and Cython, but
> they don't look serious.
>
> The rc works well on Python 3.3 too
> <http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/tests/20121229-win-amd64-py3.3/>.

Thanks! I created an issue for it here:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/2870

Ondrej

P.S. Would you mind adding your name to your github profile
(https://github.com/cgohlke) please? I was trying to figure out
your full name so that I could thank you in the release email, but I
could only find your handle "cgohlke" both at github and in the commit
history. My apologies for that. Now I'll remember to google it in my
gmail. :) But if you could also update it at github, that'd be the
easiest. I can see that in master we have an updated .mailmap which
fixes precisely this issue. I should have used it -- I was running it
on the release branch which does not have it yet.