[Numpy-discussion] building numpy 1.6.2 on OSX 10.6 / Python2.7.3

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 7 11:40:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's generally considered a "very bad idea"(™) to install NumPy on a recent
> OSX system without specifying a destination. By default, the process will
> try to install on /Library/Frameworks/Python, overwriting the pre-installed
> version of NumPy that comes with your machine.

Indeed, you want to be careful about this, but

Apple puts theirs in:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

/Library/Frameworks...

Is the default location for Python.org builds -- and a fine place to
put it. (though you might have clashes if you try to install binaries
build for the python.org builds

But I wonder if this has anything to do with the OP's problem anyway...

Sorry I'm not more help -- I've managed to avoid building python myself so far.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov