[Numpy-discussion] A crazy masked-array thought

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Fri Apr 27 09:05:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Richard Hattersley
<rhattersley at gmail.com>wrote:

> I know used a somewhat jokey tone in my original posting, but
> fundamentally it was a serious question concerning a live topic. So I'm
> curious about the lack of response. Has this all been covered before?
>
> Sorry if I'm being too impatient!

Richard,

Actually, I am rather surprised by the lack of response as well.  Actually,
this is quite unusual and I hope it doesn't sour you for more
contributions.  We do need more "crazy ideas" like your, if only just to
help break out of an infinite loop in a discussion.

Your idea is interesting, but doesn't it require C++?  Or maybe you are
thinking of creating a new C type object that would contain all the new
features and hold a pointer and function interface to the original POA.
Essentially, the new type would act as a wrapper around the original
ndarray?

Cheers!
Ben Root