[Numpy-discussion] What is consensus anyway

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 22:56:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> I admit to a certain curiosity about your own involvement in FOSS projects,
> and I know I'm not alone in this. Google shows several years of discussion
> on Monotone, but I have no idea what your contributions were

Seriously???

Please, let's rise above this.  We discuss people's opinions *on their
technical merit alone*, regardless of the background of the person
presenting them.  I don't care if Linus himself shows up on the list
with a bad idea, it should be shot down; and if someone we'd never
heard of brings up a valid point, we should respect it.

The day we start "checking credentials at the door" is the day this
project will die as an open source effort.  Or at least I think so,
but perhaps I don't have enough 'commit credits' in my account for my
opinion to matter...

Cheers,