[Numpy-discussion] A 1.6.2 release?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:46:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Given the amount of new stuff coming in 1.7 and the slip in it's schedule,
> I wonder if it would be worth putting out a 1.6.2 release with fixes for
> einsum, ticket 1578, perhaps some others. My reasoning is that the fall
> releases of Fedora, Ubuntu are likely to still use 1.6 and they might as
> well use a somewhat fixed up version. The downside is located and
> backporting fixes is likely to be a fair amount of work. A 1.7 release
> would be preferable, but I'm not sure when we can make that happen.

Travis still sounded hopeful of being able to resolve the 1.7 issues
relatively soon. On the other hand, even if that's done in one month we'll
still miss Debian stable and a 1.6.2 release won't be *that* much work.

Let's go for it I would say.

Aiming for a RC on May 2nd and final release on May 16th would work for me.

Ralf