[Numpy-discussion] How to run unittests at build time?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:20:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 16:15, Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes
<ocefpaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't know about about Debian, but this works OK for RPM distros:
>
> PYTHONPATH="%{buildroot}%{py_sitedir}" %{__python} -c \
>                                    "import pkg_resources, numpy ; numpy.test()"
>
> The only thing you are missing is the "import pkg_resources", let me
> know if that works for you.

What does py_sitedir expand to, usually? I don't think pkg_resources
has anything to do with it. numpy doesn't use it, and I don't think
nosetests does either (well, only for its plugin mechanism, but that's
neither here nor there). In any case, I've tried importing
pkg_resources while running from the build/lib.*/ directory and still
get the same errors as reported by Sandro.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco