[Numpy-discussion] upgrading to 1.6.1, lapack not used?

Thomas K Gamble tkg at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 13 14:15:11 EDT 2011

I am trying to upgrade my numpy installation from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1 on Ubuntu
10.04.  When I build, it doesn't seem to use the installed lapack libraries,
but uses lapack_lite.  After installation (which seems to complete without
error), importing numpy fails with an error that it can't find
libquadmath.so.0.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  Am I missing a dependent
package somewhere?  How can I force the build to use the installed lapack
stuff? (installed via synaptic from the ubuntu debs)  Numpy 1.5.1 builds and
installs with no problems.

--
Thomas K. Gamble
Research Technologist, System/Network Administrator

"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
    Henry Kissinger